In this article – shocking revelations on the foods that could be killing your chances of ever getting pregnant.
Let’s get straight to it and identify the Fertility Foods For Women that can impact negatively on your fertility levels.
What NOT To Eat
To improve your chances of getting pregnant avoid Trans fats foods.
This is a biggie and covers many easy-to-buy products such as chips, fries, frozen food, fast food, micro-waved popcorn, cookies, cakes and donuts (DOH! Sorry Homer…).
Trans fats foods are rich in industrially created fat and if you see ‘partially hydrogenated vegetable oil’ in the ingredients level of any food packaging, it’s a sign it probably has trans fats.
Too much of these kind of foods can lead to high insulin levels which can induce metabolic disturbances that affect ovulation. One study found that for each 2 percent increase in consumption of trans fats women risk a 73 percent increased risk of ovulatory infertility!
For men high trans-fat levels make the membrane of the sperm cell less flexible. This decreases the sperm’s ability to successfully penetrate an egg cell so fertilization between couples is impossible.
You best solution with regard to trans fats foods? Avoid as much as possible!
Other Food to Avoid
- Food with high sugar levels. Excessive sugar can lead to low blood sugar, which can upset levels of reproductive hormones.
- Processed, refined carbohydrates. This includes white bread, pasta, and white rice. This is because the refining process strips 17 key nutrients from grains. Among those lost are several that boost fertility, such as antioxidants, B vitamins, and iron.
- In particular, you should avoid eating too many refined carbohydrates if you have a hormonal imbalance due to PCOS, provoked by high insulin levels in the bloodstream. The main culprits behind big insulin spikes are refined carbohydrates.
- Be wary of seafood. Whilst fish is the best source for the vital omega-3 fatty acids that are necessary for optimal fertility, they could also contain high levels of mercury which has been linked with serious birth defects, including autism. Indeed, mercury can linger in a woman’s bloodstream for more than a year.
- Raw or undercooked meats and cheeses. This includes Frankfurters, salami, soft cheese and lunch meats. They may contain listeria, a harmful bacteria. Pregnant women are 20 times more likely than other healthy adults to get sick from eating listeria-laced food and it can prove fatal to a fetus, causing a miscarriage early in the first trimester.
And on the more bizarre side …
- Peas! They contain a natural chemical (m-xylohydroquinone) that can stop you from getting pregnant. Seriously, peas may prove to be a natural contraceptive.
- Peanut butter and spinach. Not that you have to eat them in combination (imagine! Yuck!). Just that both of them deplete calcium, an essential mineral that helps your baby grow and develop. That said, there are benefits to eating spinach as you will read later.
- Too much soy protein for men can result in poor sperm motility and low sperm count. Another note of caution, there are certain conditions in which increased soy intake can be beneficial, particularly for women.
Finally, fad diets and fertility don’t mix. Avoid any diet that excludes an entire food group or puts too much emphasis on one type of food.
This list is far from complete. There are other Fertility Foods and Drinks For Women it is crucial for you to avoid when you are trying to conceive.
Learn all about them and many other secrets to reversing infertility and getting pregnant fast by clicking HERE: